Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jerusalem Program Information Session

Dear IICers,

I think many of you might be interested in the Summer Jerusalem Program Info Session coming up on Wed, October 22nd at 12pm in BMC 219.

The Jerusalem Program is organized in coordination with the Minerva Center for Human Rights at Hebrew University and includes an internship with a Jerusalem-based NGO (counts towards your IIC requirement) and two intensive classes (transferrable credits to JKSIS). As a participant in the Jerusalem program this past summer, I can tell you that the classes were among the best I've ever taken, and my internship gave me valuable NGO experience, opened my eyes to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and helped me better understand issues faced in the Middle East and NGOs in general.

I urge all of you to attend the Info Session and learn more about the program and application process (the application deadline is November 12th, but you are encouraged to apply early). Also, for the total price of the 15 DU credits you can earn for the program, you get airfare, lodging, and field trips throughout Jerusalem and Israel included in the price.

To learn more about the program, visit portfolio.du.edu/jerusalem.

Also, please RSVP for the Info Session to JerusalemProgram@gmail.com.

Kate Zdrojewski

No comments: